CWCA: Why Certify?
Why should you become a CWCA?
The Certified Wound Care Associate (CWCA) board certification demonstrates a distinct and specialized knowledge in wound management, thereby promoting quality of care for persons with wounds.
Becoming a CWCA will help you:
- Elevate your status as a specialist in wound care
- Become recognized as a healthcare professional with specialized knowledge of wounds
- Demonstrate a dedication to the highest standards in wound care
- Cooperate and exchange resources with the disciplines and organizations involved in wound care
- Gain professional pride and growth
- Advance your career
Who is Eligible?
- Healthcare professional with at least 3 years of wound care experience
- Sales and marketing professional in the wound care industry with at least 3 years of wound care experience
Examples: Associate degree nurses, RNs, LPNs, LVNs, PTAs, all certified healthcare assistants, healthcare administrators, dieticians, sales and marketing professionals, and academic researchers.
What are others saying?
"Becoming a CWCA has opened doors for me. As the owner of an independent nursing consulting business, I have gained recognition and respect as a skilled and credentialed wound nurse, instilling comfort in my patients and boosting my career with opportunities to conduct clinical research in the specialty of wound care."
Jen Agosti, RN, CWCA,
Owner and President of Wound Sharks, Inc.