CWS: Why Certify?
Why should you become a CWS?
The Certified Wound Specialist (CWS) board certification is a formal recognition of a master level knowledge and specialty practice in wound management.
The CWS board certification is a prestigious and rigorous certification in wound care, and demonstrates a distinct and specialized expertise in the practice. The CWS credential displays to patients, employers and peers a dedication to the highest standards and achievement in wound care.
Becoming a CWS will help you:
- Achieve board certification, a formal recognition of a master level knowledge and specialty practice in wound management.
- Enhance the team approach that is essential to successful wound management.
- Become recognized as a specialist; an expert in wound care.
- Demonstrate a dedication to the highest standards in wound care, essential in the development of a comprehensive wound management program.
- Improve the quality of wound care for your patients.
- Cooperate and exchange resources with the various disciplines and organizations involved in wound care.
- Reduce the costs of providing wound care in your facility or practice.
- Be an on-site resource to educate and train colleagues involved in wound management.
- Market wound management services as a niche benefit of your facility or practice.
- Become part of a larger, multi-disciplinary community dedicated to delivering, improving, and advancing the practice of wound care.
Who is Eligible?
- A licensed healthcare professional with a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree with 3 or more years of clinical wound care experience.
- Candidates must possess a full and unrestricted professional license in at least one state and in all states in which the candidate currently practices.
Examples: Physicians, podiatrists, physical therapists, nurses, and other healthcare providers.
What are others saying?
“In today’s complex healthcare environment, patients and providers alike need a mechanism to determine who is best qualified to deliver advanced wound management services. The CWS® designation provides this and signifies a professional who is well qualified.”
Teresa Conner-Kerr, PT, PhD, CWS, FACCWS, CLT