CWSP: Why Certify?
Why should you become a CWSP?
The American Board of Wound Management (ABWM) offers a wound care certification specifically developed for physicians (MD's, DO's and DPM's).
Becoming a CWSP will help you:
- Achieve board certification, a formal recognition of a master level knowledge and specialty practice in wound management.
- Enhance the team approach that is essential to successful wound management.
- Become recognized as a specialist, an expert in wound care.
- Demonstrate a dedication to the highest standards in wound care, essential in the development of a comprehensive wound management program.
- Improve the quality of wound care for your patients.
- Cooperate and exchange resources with the various disciplines and organizations involved in wound care.
- Reduce the costs of providing wound care in your facility or practice.
- Be an on-site resource to educate and train colleagues involved in wound management.
- Market wound management services as a niche benefit of your facility or practice.
Who is Eligible?
- MD’s, DO’s and DPM’s who have three or more years of clinical wound care experience.
Examples: Physicians and podiatrists.
What are others saying?
“My patients understand that I’m not just a physician that offers wound care, but an expert with the knowledge and training to provide the best treatment possible.”
David E. Mahon, MD, CWS, FACCWS, FACS